Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Big Bad Adventure of 2009


53 days, 9 major cities in three countries, 16 US states, 3 national parks, 77 hours aboard inter-city trains. The result of uncounted hours of research and planning will begin on Saturday May 16, 2009. After working night shift I will go straight to the airport and fly to Sydney for 4 days staying with Mike and Raych. From Sydney on the 19th I will fly to Denver, via Los Angeles. From Denver I board an Amtrak train to Chicago, then on to Buffalo and Niagara Falls, then on to take a bite of the big apple, then to get killed in Philadelphia and be a statesman in Washington. From Washington I fly to El Paso and spend a day or two south of the border before Dad arrives. Dad and I will drive from El Paso east along the Rio Grande to Big Bend National Park where we will spend some time exploring and camping in the most remote national park in America. Then drive north to the Guadalupe Mountians National Park and eventually back to Denver, from where I will board another Amtrak train for San Francisco. As well as enjoying San Francisco I intend to take a side trip out to Yosemite National Park for a few days.
Can't hardly wait! I will post all my photos and updates on the blog here to keep you updated with my progress.

1 comment:

Rhys said...

Beggsy! How long will you be in Denver for? I'm hankerin' for an Avalanche jersey. If you could pick me one up, maybe from the Pepsi Centre or something, I'll pay you back when you get here.

Have fun over there, and keep updated...OR ELSE.

/rhys shakes fist.