Monday, May 25, 2009

More from Chicago...

After the last blog post, I went to the bar at the top of the John Hancock Center. If you did not have reservations for dinner, and just wanted to have a drink at the 95th floor bar, you had to line up in the lobby. The line stretched out the door and around the corner. Once up there, the drinks were expensive, at $US8.50 for a local beer. We perused the drinks menu, deciding on O'Drools. When the beers arrived moments later, we read on on the bottle that - to our horror - we had just paid $17 for 2 non-alcoholic beers. So it was necessary to stay for a 2nd! The view from up there, at night, was amazing. The lights of the city and the freeways going out in all directions like the spokes of a wheel. It was worth suffering the prices. I may be able to get some pictures from Dave's camera if I catch him before I leave, as I didn't have my camera that night.

The next day I walked down Millionaires Row (Prairie Ave), where some of Chicago's finest houses are, mostly 19th century mansions. Then I walked all the way to Navy Pier, and further north, all the way to the Lincoln Park Zoo, where I spent the afternoon.








Tonight I'm leaving Chicago, on the all-night train to Buffalo, NY.

1 comment:

indiakalff said...

serves you right for drinking something called o'Drools!

Great shot of the lion by the way