Thursday, December 01, 2005

The interview for the call center job went really well, and in anticipation of getting the job I rented a car today with the intention of going down to south denver to see about a place to live near my new job.

Then the rental car company asked if i wanted a job. I said maybe and gave my details. Minutes later i was driving down the freeway when my cellphone rang. it was the HR lady from the rental car company. She wanted me to apply for a manager trainee position, and i was like OK! So i did. Then she said she'd call me tomorrow and set up an interview for monday.

Then my phone rang again. It was the call center job with the final offer. I accepted (i need a job, people!) and it starts on monday. Crap. Now i have my first day at one job and an interview for a possible better job on the same day. I can't do both.

I think i'm gonna explain the situation to the rental car company and try to setup an interview for tomorrow and hopefully find out before monday so i can ditch the call center before starting.

I can't believe i was worried about getting a job like 3 days ago!

Well having the rented car today has been fun, i've been lots of places, but mostly just soaking up the endless fun of driving on american highways. I've decided that America exists on the highway, if that makes sense.

No comments: