Monday, June 08, 2009

Washington DC

There is so much to do here, it's ridiculous. I arrived yesterday afternoon and immediately set out along the national Mall to get obligatory photos of the Whitehouse, Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial etc because for the rest of my 4 days here I have a pretty full schedule of museums to visit.


Yesterday I got my first glimpse of the White House, and a whole lot of monuments down the national mall. The experience was monumental!


Today I have visited: the Newseum (museum of news), the Capitol building, the Supreme Court and the National Air and Space Museum. I also went postal at the National Postal Museum (I'm not that much of a geek, I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd check it out. I didn't really go postal, there are metal detectors there to prevent anyone going postal...)


For the most part, I'm afraid this is going to be one of the postings where I just put all these photos up without any explaination... because I don't even know where to begin and there is a muiscal performance starting downstairs at the hostel that I need to go catch. Not sure what tonight has in store yet.

This is the actual Wright Brothers plane (of course we know that this is only the second plane that ever flew!)
This is an actual segment of the Berlin Wall

This is the television broadcast antenna that used to sit atop the World Trade Center. It was pulled from the rubble and given to the Newseum.


The Supreme Court

1 comment:

Anderson said...

This looks nothing like Fallout 3. What a rip.