Sunday, December 09, 2007

The great outdoors




Well it has been a busy couple of weeks! After my last post I returned from Auckland, worked for two days and then went to Greytown for a work trip and Christmas party with the section I used to be on. We rented a couple of holiday houses for the night, did a wine tour, had dinner at a pub and went wild on Greytown.
A few days later during my days off some new-found energetic friends and I cycled across the Rimutaka Incline which is the old route the rail service used to take between the Hutt Valley and Wairarapa before they built a tunnel. Rode about 22km all up, to a gully called Siberia and back. It was well worth it and got me considering getting a mountain bike so I can do it more often.
Last night I went camping with Kevin, Gary, and Kevin's flatmates Linda and Roly (the Germans) in the Kaitoke Regional Park. I turned up after the ranger had gone home so I got away without paying my $5 camping fee! We had a big campfire going and sat around it for several hours. It was a warm, still night and perfect camping weather.
I also attended another work Christmas party, this one for my current section on Wednesday night. It was just dinner and drinks, but a very good night was had by all. It was at a restaurant and coctail bar on the 17th floor of a hotel downtown, they had a live pianist and a wicked view out the window, it was a very classy affair.
Oh and I've also been working on finally editing the video shot on the great American road trip of 2007. You can expect to see the finished product avaliable online in the not too distant future. It will be an incomplete record of the whole trip, on acount of the camera malfunctioning in high-humidity and temperature at Galveston halfway through the trip, and us not shooting any footage after that point. But the footage we do have is good and I'm doing with it what I can.
On Thursday I'm going to Auckland again for undisclosed reasons. Should be a good trip.
Ok I think thats it. Goodnight.

No comments: